Alchemy SL: Eternal Legacies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Reunion [IM RP Log]

Go down

A Reunion [IM RP Log] Empty A Reunion [IM RP Log]

Post  Eve Cassidy Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Characters: Eve Cassidy and Carter Mitchell
When: A few years before the abandoning
Where: New York City
Summary: Eve Cassidy is currently at college when she hears about an art gallery in New York. Wanting to go, Eve heads to Avante Grade Gallery during her fall break only to run into her old friend Carter Mitchell. After catching up Carter asks Eve out on to dinner. After dinner they head back to Eve's car where they run into trouble.

Carter Mitchell:
The day would soon turn into evening as Carter eagerly looked at the watch on his wrist, he'd purse his lips as he rubbed his hand over the silver watch. "Nearly seven o' clock he thought to himself as the rest of the staff busily got prepared for the expected crowds. Mr. Laurant was in the loft of the gallery going over last minute details with the honored artist, who went by the name of Jorge. Carter would be pacing across the dark mahogany stained floor. Only stopping to point out the question one of the intern had, before he would glance at his watch again and look back over his shoulder towards the stairs that lead to the office, waiting for Laurant to give him to word to open the doors. He peered out the double paned glass doors. The line was forming at the door as he looked out. Lifting his index finger and lipped the words" One moment please.." Looking again he saw Mr. Laurant and Jorge, the artist making their way down the stairs and into the gallery proper. A sigh was given as Carter turned and opened the door " Welcome to Avante Grade Gallery.. We hope you enjoy the showing.. “He also let them know that towards the left was a catered food and drink if they wished to indulge.

Eve Cassidy:
The journey from Pennsylvania to New York City was too long in Eve’s opinion but the drive was beautiful thanks to the bright sunny day. The heat from the sun quickly warmed up the car causing the driver to turn on the AC. Eve was at college when she heard about Avante Grade Gallery and the wonderful art that filled the place. She loved art and decided that during her fall break she would head up to New York and check it out. None of her friends wanted to come along so Eve was by herself as she pulled up into the art gallery’s parking lot and got out of her car. As she walked towards the building the first thing she noticed was how big it was. Before, the only art she had seen before was what was displayed at her college and so she was excited to see what was displayed here.

Eve walked up to the big crowd in front of the gallery. The people were forming a line as they opened the doors and Eve was in the back. ‘I should have left earlier’ she thought to herself as she stood in line. Slowly it started to go down and soon she was inside the building, taken away by the art that filled just the entrance. She was ready to see more but heard a familiar voice. Turning to her left she spotted someone who looked familiar but surely that wasn’t who she thought it was.

“Carter Mitchell is that you?” Eve asked as she walked towards the man. It had been what seemed like years since she last talked to him or even seen him.

Carter Mitchell:
As each patron would pass by he would either nod and smile or just nod them in with a gesture of his hand, resting his back against the open glass door. He would have no idea that somewhere in that long line was a dear friend from his dark past, a past he wished he could forget and who he hadn't seen since he was eight years old. It would surely take him by surprise when he heard his name being called by another female voice. It was un expected he didn't remember inviting any of his friends. When he looked over his shoulder as looked blankly at the young woman. Eve... he blinked a few times as he stepped towards the young woman " Eve Cassidy..?? when he reached her he looked around and gave her a hug with his arms going around her waist, kissing her cheek he pulled back and looked her over I haven't seen you in... gawd how long as it been..? " He was surprised to say the least. " Wh, what are you doing here...? "

Eve Cassidy:
Eve was glad to see that Carter recognized her but since they last met Eve’s appearance hadn’t changed much. Carter gave her a hug followed a kiss on the check which she quickly returned. It was good to meet her friend from so long ago even though most of her memories with him included shadow kind or the kidnapping when they were seven and eight. During the kidnapping was when they developed their friendship and had kept in touch with each other until Eve started school last year. Since then her studies got in the way and she barely got to speak with her family let alone Carter. When they last met face to face, Eve couldn’t even remember.

Eve beamed brightly saying “It’s been too long! I haven’t spoke to you in over a year.” She was glad to be able t speak with Carter again. “I came to see the art. I heard so many people speak so highly of the place I just had to come see for myself. What are you doing here?” Eve looked at how he was dressed and was able to guess that he worked here.

Carter Mitchell:
He looked down and smoothed over his designer gray suit and tilted back on the heels on his shoes as he looked around the gallery. " um yeah I'm working here now..Oh.. " Carter would grab the arm of one of the passing staff members.. " hey can you watch the door and greet the people as they come in.. make sure you let them know about the catering. The younger man nodded. " Sure thing Mr. Mitchell.." then turned back to Eve and said as he lifted the thin brow and pursed his lips as he held out his hand to her:: " Would you like a personal tour of the gallery.? " The gave a shrug of why not:: " It'll give us time to catch up... So your still in school huh? " he asked as he began to lead her through the large two story building. The young woman had slipped her hand into his for just a moment until it become wierd, that she and he were holding hands after so much time had passed since they ahd seen each other. Carter would notice that and kinda look down at the floor cheeks reddened some as he cleared his throat and spoke. So what are you taking in is school.. probably something that allows you to use that over stuffed brain of yours.. huh? " he teased

Eve Cassidy:
Carter stopped one of his fellow workers to have them watch the door and then offered to give her a personal tour. Eve was flattered that Carter was willing to give her a personal tour. She quickly accepted his offer without pause. It was nice to spend time again with Carter just like old times before their lives got busy and they went their separate ways. They started their way through the building, a few times Eve caught herself staring more at Carter than the art littered all around her. She would look away hoping that Carter didn’t notice her staring at him.
“Yes” Eve replied to his question and slid her hands into his but things seemed a little strange so Eve pulled her hand to her side. She looked up at Carter and saw that his face was reddening. She bit her lip a little but shook away the feeling to answer his question. “I’m taking Physics believe it or not.” Eve laughed. Carter knew her too well even after all of this time.

Carter Mitchell:
As they continued to pass by each of the showcased peices. Carter would stop at a certain one as he tilted this way and that, trying to figure out just what it meant. " He said in a quiet tone as he leaned closer and spoke:: " Yano... I pretty good and decifering what an artist was thinking when they created thier peices but.. I gotta say.. " peering back at the thing hung on the wall. The spot light shinning down on it from above. " I have no idea what he was thinking.." By now they had been through the entire place, every so often stealing a few glances back and forth. Now they would be on the second floor of the gallery. His hands would go behind his back as he stood there and looked her over:: " Gawd... its so good to see you Eve.. You certainly have grown up to be a lovely young women.. " he looked side to side as his cheeks reddened again. " I have an idea..." after looking at his silver plated watch:: " How about I take you out to eat... anywhere you want.. it'll be my treat.." he pursed his lips. as he stepped towards her, closing the gap between them. as he arched his well manicured brow. The same brow he used several time before to seal the deal. His lips parting slightly as he wet his lips:: " Do you wanna go out to dinner with me..Eve? "

Eve Cassidy:
Eve had to giggle at his comment about the painting. She looked at it too and was unable to even imagine what was going through the artists mind when he created it. She shrugged her shoulders and said “Perhaps the world will never know what he was thinking.” However soon the tour came to an end and Eve wished it would have lasted longer. She wanted to spend more time with Carter and when he asked her to go with dinner for her she felt butterflies in her stomach. She beamed unable to hide her emotions of how happy she was to go on a date with him.

“I would love to go out to dinner with you Carter. How about you pick the place. This is my first visit to New York. I don’t know where anything is at.” Eve chuckled a little. She knew she should have looked at a map before she came and planned out possible places to eat but Eve liked to be spontaneous at times and was thinking about walking down the streets until she found a place that looked good.

“Carter I’m so glad I came to the art gallery today. How long have you’ve been working here?” Eve asked as they made their way out of the building. “I’ll have to come here more often.”

Carter Mitchell:
" Well its kinda funny how I got the job but... thats a whole nother story.. I've been here about 2 years now.." I started out as a warehouse and packaging guy... and now I'm Mr. Laurant's assistant.." Since his shoft was over being one of the first ones there every morning. He would say his goodbyes as he walked with Eve towards the front doors and slipped outside. The air was a bit chilly by this time of night. As he looked down at her to see if she needed a jacket. " My choice huh... I'll take you to the best little chinese place in China town what do ya say Eve? "

Eve Cassidy:
The night air chilled Eve’s bones and instinctively she wrapped her arms around her body. She fought to keep her teeth from chattering and cursed herself for not taking a jacket along with her. She always took jackets with her seeing how she was cold most of the time. However this time she left her coat at home for she was planning on leaving much sooner. Eve looked up and saw a full moon above their heads and knew she would be late getting back. “How about over dinner you tell me how you got your job?” she asked curious. Going from a packaging guy to an assistant was a huge jump but Eve knew there was more to the story than that.
“I love Chinese food!” Eve exclaimed. She heard that New York had some pretty good Chinese food in China Town and she looked forward to getting a bite. “I feel like I haven’t had Chinese food in years.” She joked for she ate out with her friends last month at a Chinese restaurant. Carter lead the way down the streets, even as late as it was Eve was surprised to find so many people still out of course she was used to life at college when after night everyone was in doors studying or partying. They took a few turns and soon Eve found herself staring at a very colorful restaurant with a friendly looking dragon above the entrance. Eve looked back at Carter and smiled as they walked inside and waited to be seated.
“This place looks so colorful.” Eve said looking at all of the art work on the walls. It was almost as if they were at the gallery again.

Carter Mitchell:
After Carter had payed the bill that was left by a waitress he finished the last of his chinese tea and waited for the girl to come back with his credit card. Glancing over at the now silent Eve. The entire time they had caught up on this and that, even breifly discussing the past and the disappearance until that became uncomfortable. By the time the waitress came back Carter stood up and looked over at Eve. " Are we ready..? " He smile as they both walked from the resturant. Once again he noticed she was without a jacket and pulled of his suit coat and drapped it over her shoulders:: " How that.. feeling better..? " His cologne had blended with the fibers of his suit. " I had such a nice time with you... I kinda forget what it was like after all these years.. I wish it didn't have to end.." He gave a look down at her as the continued on their way back to her car. His brow lifting again. Hoping that she may suggest they do something else if she agreed with his having fun with her. By this time of night that part of the city was not as busy as Time Square and Broadway so the sound of the shoes hitting the pavement would echo through the street and bounce off the walls of the building. High above them perched a nastey little creep who had venture out from the dankness of the sewers seeking the blood of the innocent. Its bare pale torso leaning over the roof of the building as bone like fingers curled over the edge. Its face was sunken to resemble a skeleton huge yellow eyes would blink several time before it heard the familiar footfalls that came from down the street.

Eve Cassidy:
Eve welcomed the warmth of the coat as she pulled it closer around taking in the smell of his cologne. Eve smiled at Carter as he opened the door for her on their way out of the restaurant. It was nice catching up with him and he picked such a great place to eat. Even after all these years Carter still knew what she liked. However Eve knew it was getting late, she would probably have to find a hotel and head back in the morning. Carter was walking her back to her car and when they finally made it back to the parking lot Eve noticed how quiet the place seemed to be. No one was around and it seemed more like the nights at college.
“Thanks for the dinner I really enjoyed catching up with-“ Eve started to say but was cut off. She had this feeling like they were being watched and quickly feared for the worse. Looking all around her she couldn’t find anyone or anything around. Maybe she was just imagining things. Something moved from the rooftop of the gallery and looking closer Eve saw it was as she feared.
“Carter, is that what I think it is?” she asked him as the creature jumped down from the building and came straight for them. It seemed like just when Eve was having the happiest time of her life something would come and ruin it.

Carter Mitchell:
Normally a creature such as that was rather fast moving and more cunning, but then again it all depended on what the vampire had to feed on. This one had come up from the sewers so its main course meals consisted of rats rats and more rats maybe an occasional missing cat would show up in its lair but that was about it. The thing moved more like a zombie, wrenching his body and twisting its arms in strange direction as if it were swimming towards them, his mouth gapping to reveal its long fangs. And as Carter would turn to watch that thing moving towards them he made a brushing sweeo of his arm to push Eve behind him as he readied hismelf to use a spell. Carter had never actaully seen a shadowkind before. His heart began to race as he tried to focus on the task. He shot a glance over his shoulder and yelled when I say run.. you run..!! then shot another look at the slow moving creature and he uttered his incantation which ended in the words acid fog. " He stepped back taking Eve's hand. The fiend was getting closer as Carter backed into the street tugging on Eve's arm as he pulled her with him. Soon a thick greyish cloud began to form around the feet of the vampire and before long it would start to engulf the creature. The acid began to form with the thickening cloud as it was being deposited all over its flesh. The creature started flailing it's arms about trying to clear away the fog it wasn't long before its skin began to boil and sizzle. Further and further Carter back away as the thing kept coming. " Shit Shit!! why now? "he shouted

Eve Cassidy:
Eve watched the creature slowly moved towards them wondering why it was taking so long. She heard stories of how quick vampires were and this one seemed to be the opposite. Eve felt the Mana flowing through her body ready to react. Spells raced through her mind as she readied herself. Her and her father had been practicing for years together for the day they met a shadow kind, however Carter placed her behind him. Still ready she did as Carter said and watched a sent some kind of cloud towards the creature which started to eat away at it. Before long Carter was holding her hand and taking steps back away. She would have hated to see what happened to them if they touched the cloud.

“Carter I think there might be more.” Eve said looking around. Her father said that vampires loved to travel in packs and this one was no different. She heard hisses from all around and Eve knew they were closing on them. She readied herself to put up a shield if they needed it. Looking at Carter she hoped they didn’t have to deal with too many more. One appeared out of the shadows almost making Eve jumped. Eve quickly set up a shield charm around her and Carter waiting for the attack.

Carter Mitchell:
Depending on what Eve was doing behind him, Crater wanted to make sure that the thing would never get a chance to get its fangs on her, either of them for that matter. Then he felt a surge of energy surrounding his body ashe snapped a look towards Eve. Nice..!! That should hold them off for a bit.." He shot another look towards the encourching vampire and now a second one that was coming from the alley adjecent to the parking lot. Again he would make some muffled words come from his lips as he shot out his finger tips. Spiralling from his fingers were five spectral snakes which wavered through the air like white smoke, thier tails spinning in a circular motion as they hit the target. Latching their own fangs onto the second vampire who tried to remove them but it would grasp onto thin air one by one the Vipergout would continue to attack the vampire. Just as the first vampire had gotten so close it took a clawed swing towards Eve. Hitting the invisble shield its closing fist would splatter in a cloud of red dust. The vampire howled out in pain as it grabbed its own forearm which was now missing a hand.

Eve Cassidy:
Eve grinned as her shield held up against the attacking vampire. As it tried to tend to deal with the pain from his hand Eve quickly came up with a plan. Bending over Eve pulled from her boot a small knife, on one side it had a blade and on the other side a pointed woodened end. Her father had said about how vampire’s weaknesses were decapitation, fire, sunlight and wood. She had this knife made special for her hoping it would one day save her life and now seemed like the right time. Snatching the blade too quickly she accidently cut the side of her leg. Ignoring the pain Eve released the shield charm and threw the woodened end at the vampire hitting it square in the chest. Eve grin as she took out her first vampire and returned to Carter. She grabbed his hand as she replaced her shield charm watching as the other vampires got nearer. With the blade still in her hand, Eve watched ready for the vampires to attack. She was ready with her blade. She felt the pain in her leg and looking down she saw her jeans were slowing turning red.

Carter Mitchell:
As the second vampire got close enough to Eve she could smell the stench of his breath. Like moldy earth and dead leaves she tried to hold back a choke of her own as Carter was ready to fire off more Vipers As the vampire woould ty and stretch forward the scent of fresh blood put him in a frenzy it would lurch at Eve with its claws. Carter could only do what came to mind and that was swing at the vampire with his fist. His right hook caused the vampire to stagger to the side leaving it's own throat open for attack. " YEAH YOU MUTHA!!

Eve Cassidy:
Glad that she still had the shield up, Eve watched as the vampire tried and failed to get her but failed. Seeing what had happened to the former it stayed at bay waiting for the right moment to attack. It was waiting for Eve to release the spell. Regretting that she had pulled out the knife she watched as Carter punched the one vampire almost lost for words that he did so. She was not expecting him to do that. The shield charm Eve had finally diminished and acting quickly Eve once again took her blade and shoved it into the chest of the creature taking out her second vampire. Feeling a little exhausted Eve lend up against Carter and pulled up her pant leg seeing that her leg was coated in blood.
“How nice. Now these jeans are ruined.” Eve said letting the pant leg fall.

Carter Mitchell:
They were locked in a battle for their lives, each one had used their gifts to thwart the advances of each blood sucker that came at them. Dodging and blocking the flailing claws. Eve had done a great job with her force field keeping the raving creatures at bay as Carter had done all he could to protect them as well and when he was spent he would resort to throwing a few fists. Carter and Eve were being backed into the alley behind them when out of no where the stragglers stopped and took one look at the magical field that the woman had thrown up to guard her and her companion. The hissing creatures would then look at each other and started to slink away into the darkness of the street. As Carter stood beside Eve he was about to prepare another spell when he watched them turn and leave the fight. His fist would unclench as he looked back at Eve with a crooked brow. " Holy shit.. what the hell was that about?? " He never knew a shadowkind to give up so easily, but he wasn't complaining as he turned towards her took her by the shoulders. A tilt of his head was given as he asked if she was alright. : Are you hurt..? " he smiled and cupped her cheek. Yes she was fine. So he would say Well now that that's over how about I get you back to your car...hm? "

With that he slide his arm around her shoulder ( More out of comfort than anything ) and turned on his heels, that quick turn cost him. His ankle got twisted up on some junk that was piled up next to the alley and caused him to lose balance." Aw hell! " He shouted as he realized that Eve was still wrapped in his arm and all his weight went on her, His clumsy ass had pushed her foward where she caught the corner of the brick building. He gasped when he heard the loud thump. Eve staggered back saying rather weakily " Ow... I'm fine... I'm fine... Really.." She'd than stagger a bit in her steps as blood began to trickle down her forehead. " Mm.. Carter.?!... I don't know....I... " he legs gave out from under her and she started to fall forward. He was about to let her smash her head again as he snatched her by the collar and pulled her back into his arms. " Aw fuck noooo.. Eve.. Eve.. I'm so sorry.. Oh God! " He would brush her hair from her face as blood began to soak her dark hair. " He looked around very quickly. " She needs your attention Carter, So you better take her to your place he thought as he scooped her up and carried her four blocks to his apartment in the city. A city he was beginning to hate more and more.

It was very late by the time he reached his apartment. Lucky that no one had seen him come in the lobby with an unconscious woman in his arms. The minutes and turned to hours by the time Eve had finally come to, and when she had she'd look around at the strange and unfamilair surroundings. This was not her place not at all. On top of that she was covered with a blanket, her head was still pounding and not to mention she was wearing only her bra and panties. Where the hell was she? She was about to get up when she finally saw Carter as he walked into the living room. Oh. It was all coming back to her now. He must have brought her there after... after...?

Eve Cassidy:
Eve sat up on the couch but regretted doing so. She felt a little light headed and that wasn’t being helped by the pounding headache. Grimacing at the pain, Eve looked around noticing that she was in a living room but whose she didn’t know. The blanket covering her was warm next to her cold skin and she pulled it up to her chin keeping out the cold. Eve didn't know why she was so cold until she looked down and noticed she was missing her clothing and started to wonder where they went. Reaching up to her pounding head felt the large bump where she had hit her head, it was sore and painful. However there was no blood and the cut on her leg was cleaned and patched.

Eve thought hard to what happened before she arrived to this strange place. She was hanging out with Carter having a fun time when they were suddenly attacked by vampires on the way to her car. Why vampires attacked them she didn't know. However just as quickly as they came they disappeared after her and Carter finished off a few. Perhaps they got sacred but Eve was wondering why they ran off. The two than headed back to the car when Carter fell and then Eve hit her head. After that she remembered nothing. Just than Carter walked into the room and Eve quickly put two and two together, after her fall she must have blacked out and Carter probably took her to his place. She smiled as he walked into the room, he must have also been the one who tended to her injuries.

“Thanks Carter.” Eve said giving him some room to sit on the couch with her. She knew Carter wouldn't leave her out in the streets by herself unconscious but he could have taken her to the hospital instead of taking care of her himself. "I hope I'm not taking away too much of your time." Eve went to look at the watch on her wrist and noticed it was missing. It was probably too late to head back to college by now anyways.

Carter Mitchell:
He felt like such a fool after he came into the living room of his apartment. But Eve still smiled and thanked him for. Carter would give her a half cocked smile and he's say with a slight groan in his voice. " I know... But I can't stop thinking it was my fault.. I guess I was alittle amped up. " She obviously couldn't blame him it was a mistake anyone could have done it. At least they were both safe. He'd look away as he spoke and then quickly looked back at her as he inched closer and place his hand on her knee. The blanket still covered her, from toe to chin:: " Eve... even I did have thing to do.. Do you really think I would chose them over you..? " He tilted his head and looked her over a sort of nervous smile crossed his face :: Soo... how do you feel do you need something water... pain killer? " He went to get up and move towards the kitchen as he called out. Oh I hope you don't mind.. I'm washing your clothes.. " As he opened the cupboard he smiled to himself as he pulled out a glass and started to pour her a glass of water.

Eve Cassidy:

“I think a pain killer would be nice” Eve replied. Her head was still pounding and any help to subside would be good. Carter called out saying that he was washing her clothing which Eve was amazed of how much he was doing for her. Not only did he bring her to his house and tend to her wounds but he was now washing her clothes.

“Well good luck trying to get the blood out.” Eve said remembering that her jeans were stained red from where she cut her leg. She knew getting blood out of jeans was difficult and would probably have to buy a new pair anyways. Eve let the blanket drop down to her shoulders now that she started to feel a litter bit warmer. She looked around Carter’s living room and saw that everything was well put together and the place seemed inviting.

Carter Mitchel:
He took great care in making the apartment well liveable and inviting to those he brought here. The walls were a light cream and all the wood warm was a dark walnut. The same motif would continue throughout the other rooms. Most everything had a touch of artistic flare, from the painting on the walls to the candle holders on the glass table tops. " Coming back into the living room he had a glass of water and was holding a few little pills in his hand as he looked to her on the sofa. A soft cream material that made you want to disappear into the cushions. A the faint smell of charcoal and chared wood wafted from the fireplace in the corner. He cleared his throat upon noticing her bare shoulders. " Here take two of these.. They should work fairly quickly..." He sat next to her and waited with his glass of water in his hand. " I'm sorry... I ruined our time together.. You'll probaby never want to see me again... " he smirked and looked towards the empty fireplace. A few logs sat in a wrought iron log holder next to the fire.

Eve Cassidy:
Eve gratefully take the pills and water and quickly downed them hoping they would take effect soon. She handed the cup back as she looked back over at the fireplace. The light from the flames danced throughout the room, on the walls, furniture and everything else in the room. Eve looked over at Carter as he apologized for the night’s event. In Eve’s opinion he had no reason to be sorry, it wasn’t like he had brought the vampires there in the first place or that he even knew that there was any vampires there to begin with. Eve placed her hand on Carter’s shoulder to comfort him.

“Carter I had a great time before the attack. It’s not like you invited the vampires along to hang out.” Eve gave him a weak smile. “The tour through the art museum was fun and the food at that restaurant was terrific! I honestly had a great time with you.”

Carter Mitchel:
With the glass back in his hand he smiled back at her and said. So did I... I really liked talking with you about the old days.. it brought back alot of memories.." The flickerling fire would cast a glow over her cheek and shoulder which was facing the flames he had stopped speaking while he caught the sight again and for a brief moment he had forgotten what they had gone through and the random thought of kissing her crept into his mind. Then with a jerk he shook his head and said as he cleared his throat:: " Um.. when your clothes are done. You'll probably want me to take you back to your car yeah? " By now it was nearly 3:30 in the morning her car was on the other side of the city. He hoped that she would decide to stay not because he didn't want to take her home. He would feel safer with her staying. The whole encounter with the shadowkind had really thrown him for a loop and maybe they could figure out why it all happened.
Eve Cassidy
Eve Cassidy
Head Arcanist
Head Arcanist

Domain : Abjuration
A Reunion [IM RP Log] Abjuration2

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum