Alchemy SL: Eternal Legacies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Five Years

2 posters

Go down

The Last Five Years Empty The Last Five Years

Post  Elliot Abrams Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Characters: Elliot Abrams & Brett Teague
When: A week before all the families arrive at Azoth.
Where: Mint.
Summary: Elliot Abrams has been in Seattle for a few days, and managed to find a club where he's landed a role in his favorite musical. On the night of rehearsal, he practices while enemies wait in the audience.. Though, are enemies truly dangerous if neither knows of the other's alliance?

“When you come home to me, I’ll wear a sweeter smile, and hope that, for a while, you’ll stay.”

Things really hadn’t been shaping up to be all that he had been promised these past few months. Things started falling in a downward spiral when his sister Amelia died. The feelings that he had been forced to face whilst lying her to rest had been more than he was ready to deal with. It wasn’t that Elliot was a stranger to loss; not too many years prior, he had been helpless to defend both himself and his friend from a shadowkind attack. For some reason, losing his sister had been different. It had been a wake-up call: even though his family had been empowered for centuries, they were still mortal. They could still die by the hand of the evils that crossed over into the material realm – Amelia’s death was evidence of that, even though she had fallen at the hand of an underhanded Leopold. The magic that coursed through each family’s blood could ultimately do nothing to save them in the end. While he still had his family, it had quickly shrunk in size. Without warning, his parents had disappeared with no trace of finding them. Elliot wanted to know where they had gone, why they had left his brothers and sister without an idea as to where they’d left to, though he knew that hoping was futile. Hoping wouldn’t change the fact that they were gone – dead or not, they weren’t any help to the kids that they had left behind.

“When you come home to me, your hand will touch my face and banish any trace of gray. Soon a love will rise anew, even greater than the joy I felt just missing you.”

This was another problem that had arisen over the course of the past week. While he was happy with the group he had chosen to perform with in Seattle, he had quickly found that he couldn’t rely on his co-lead. Theatre was the one place he was able to escape to wherever he was, no matter what issue he was dealing with at the time. When Brayden had asked him to move to Seattle to live at Azoth, Elliot had complied willingly and transferred universities. He had already secured his position in his favorite musical, though his co-star was quite flaky. So, as it was rehearsal night, the youngest Evoker found himself singing the duet solo. While he always felt he was stronger in the role of Catherine, his anatomical make-up had landed him the role of Jamie – he still knew the entire play by heart, however, which only helped quell the director’s rage. He wasn’t quite sure why the understudy couldn’t practice with him, but he figured it was because he sounded better than she did. He was quite the star, after all. His location also remained somewhat of a mystery to him – he had passed Mint a few times before, but he hadn’t known that it housed plays every now and then. As he stood on stage, with the dim light shining on him, he sang his last few lines, allowing the emotion within him to coat each word.

“And once again, I’ll be so proud to call you ‘mine,’ when finally you come home to me.”
Elliot Abrams
Elliot Abrams
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Domain : Evocation
The Last Five Years Evocation3

Back to top Go down

The Last Five Years Empty Re: The Last Five Years

Post  Brett Teague Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:07 pm

This was a tad ridiculous. Nick had put him on weird missions before, but the Mint? Okay, so there would be a chance that an arcanist was going to be in this… place – but that was a chance. The experienced Leopold was getting antsy as he sat in his slightly padded seat in the audience; however, the expression that remained on his face was that of contentment. Neither enjoyment nor dismay would play on those boyish facial features as he sat watching the events that happened on stage. Black button down shirt lay over his upper torso nicely, the top two buttons undone to reveal just a little bit of his fair skin, while dark wash jeans complimented his combat boots. The thought of being in the same vicinity as a magic-user made his hair stand on edge and his adrenaline run through his veins. It had been a while since he had a chance to go toe-to-toe with a thing that could bring down humanity. No one person should have that power, and that threat could be controlled by the Leopolds (Technically the Arcane Protectors targeted Shadowkind as well, but they were so blinded by ignorance about the Arcanists that they didn’t know better - therefore, they didn’t count). It wasn’t murder if you were protecting the human race, and Teague knew that he was.

Blue eyes finally shifted from around the room to the person who was on stage. If he had to stay here, might as well try to semi-enjoy it. He remembered giving Nick a weird look when he briefed him on it being only a rehearsal. Wasn’t that a bit.. odd? Now, he wasn’t very theater-smart but he figured rehearsals.. were for well – the director and such. Obviously he was completely wrong considering when he looked around the audience was pretty full; people in awe, people swaying to the.. single person duet. Either way, the malicious hunter was impressed with what he saw on stage. The way the light hit the guy’s eyes was mesmerizing and made him look almost ethereal. Before he knew it, a small smile had found its way onto his face and he couldn’t help but listen to the words and enjoy the moment.

As quickly as the moment came, it went just as quickly. Hands came together to give the singer respect for something he could never do. The song was over and now he could take time to get up information on those who sat around him. The head of the Leopolds was very specific in his orders – this was not a find and kill; this was strictly a mission for information.. which meant it was boring. Unfortunately, it’s what happened when he was good at surveying his surrounding and picking out the suspicious. Whether it was intuition or plain luck, Brett was the one to call when things needed to be done (without the bloodthirsty, crazy loons that most hunters were). The people who were the best hunters were the ones who could control and reveal themselves in the opportune moment to make the kill. That’s why he excelled, that’s why he was one of the best. He didn’t know if it was the end of the show – but it was time to get up and do what he came here to do.
Brett Teague
Brett Teague
Leopold
Leopold

Domain : Leopold Hunter
The Last Five Years Leopold

Back to top Go down

Post  Elliot Abrams Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:01 pm

The applause from the audience had caught Elliot off guard. Usually when he performed, he didn’t pay attention to the people sitting out in front of him. He supposed that since it was a rehearsal, and not the actual play, that it was all right to smile and give a little bow. A few of his fellow cast mates clapped him on the back for his performance, and the praise caused a rosy blush to tint his cheeks. Though he wouldn’t admit it, he loved the spotlight. He still hoped that his co-lead would be well enough to perform tomorrow, but until then he was happy to sing his favorite songs by himself. Secretly, he sang them all the time – though the truth was not hidden from his family. The Last Five Years had been the first musical he fell in love with, and had been what inspired him to seek out a place in theatre. While he wasn’t sure what he’d be pursuing in the future, he was glad that he had a place that he could just enjoy being himself at while his life spiraled out of control. He stepped towards the edge of the stage, hopping off of it only once the director called for a break. He sat on the edge for a moment, looking out into the audience, singing a few verses softly to himself as he watched the interactions of the people in front of him.

“Will you share your life with me for the next ten minutes? For the next ten minutes… we can handle that. We could watch the waves; we could watch the sky or just sit and wait as the time ticks by. And if we make it ‘till then, can I ask you again for another ten?”

He watched as the waitresses and waiters darted here and there to accompany their guests. Each dressed to impress, some more scantily clad than others, they all had a job to do. They all had a life and they all wore smiles. Elliot wondered how many smiles were real, and just how many were plastered upon lips for the job. He watched as a bartender mixed a few drinks for a couple, and glanced down at the sharpie mark on his hand. A large x kept him from obtaining any of the liquor liquid stashed behind the bar, though he didn’t mind. He had rebelled many a time before, but he had somewhat grown out of that phase – especially now that he realized he was playing a much larger purpose in the world than he was originally aware of. Sure, his parents had always stressed how important his magical prowess was, though he had never thought that one day they’d be gone and he’d still be left behind, without a clue as to what to do with himself. He knew he wasn’t alone – looking out in front of him proved that. There were various people who seemed completely lost as to where they were going in life, as well.

“I want to die knowing I had a long, full life in your arms. That I can do, forever, with you. Will you share your life with me? Forever. For the next ten lifetimes? Forever, Jamie. ‘Till the world explodes, ‘till there’s no one left who has ever known us apart.”

Elliot caught sight of a man who looked slightly older than him and not amused to be there. While the Evoker was pretty certain that he had seen the guy applaud for him at the end of his solo duet, he found it slightly funny that the guy had already adopted a serious look once again. He didn’t understand what the guy’s deal was – why was he at Mint if he wasn’t going to enjoy himself? The boy wasn’t too concerned; he just assumed that perhaps the other male had been stood up or blown off. Either way, it wasn’t a concern of Elliot’s. He observed a waitress walking up to the man, speak to him for a moment, and then leave. The sight of the retreating woman caused a spark to ignite in his mind, clueing him in on the case of cottonmouth he had developed after singing. Sliding his bottom off the stage, he began making his way towards the bar, the fountain in his eyesight.
Elliot Abrams
Elliot Abrams
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Teague Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:59 pm

Eyes subtly followed the young singer as he made his way off the stage. Just because he was a trained killer didn’t mean he was inappreciative of a fine-looking man. If Vincent had come to do this job – he’d go crazy in a heartbeat. Another small smile appeared on his face of the thought of the other Leopold ripping apart the room to find the arcanist. When it came to the audience, there was no one who seemed out of the ordinary. On the other hand, how could you really pick out a magic user in a dark room with no of age, ethnicity, or gender? All that information would fall into place eventually; knowing from experience that the puzzle pieces were pretty easy to come together. For the most part, arcanists got sloppy or were trying to protect themselves from shadowkind, which always ended up in the Leopold’s favor. The two birds with one stone option was always a favorite of Teague’s.

Sliding his hands into his front pockets, he turned his head in time to see the young cocktail waitress make her way over to the unaccompanied Leopold. He might have been scouting the hangout for abnormalities, but this chick was looking for a whole lot of something else. Can I get you something to drink? She asked with a coy smile as she held her empty tray out in front of her. Turning so their bodies could be perfectly facing each other, he flashed her a smile and shook his head. “Nah, I think I can get it myself. Appreciate the offer though.” With the smile fading, so did the girls hopes of ever talking to the young man again. Unfortunately, she wasn’t his type and secondly, that was one thing he was not looking for.

As she walked away with a disappointed look on her face, he made his way over to the bar. What he didn’t expect was to arrive about the same time the solo duettist had. Hands rested on top of the cushion that ordained the bar, lacing his fingers together as he leaned forward. “Pepsi, please.” Aw, a man with manners? What a concept. “And anything the singer wants.” A slight gesture was made to the young man who arrived as the bar at the same time he had. The last statement was slid in very discreetly, and he didn’t want to give it more attention that what it deserved – which was very close to nothing. Laying a five dollar bill on the bar, he turned his back to the bar and rested his elbows on top to get a better view of what was going on. If he was going to stay in this boring ass place, he might as well keep stimulation going. Human interaction – what a concept.
Brett Teague
Brett Teague
Leopold
Leopold

Back to top Go down

Post  Elliot Abrams Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:07 pm

He hadn’t been paying much attention to the man in the audience after the waitress had left him alone, so it was somewhat of a surprise to find him at the bar when he arrived. Barely catching the discreet comment slipped in with the stranger’s order, Elliot blinked twice before realizing it had pertained to him. He smiled slightly, turning to the bartender and asking for water. His body shifted slightly to face the taller male before he spoke. As he did, the same smile rested on his lips, offering a gentle admiration. “Thank you. If I may ask, why Pepsi? That seems pretty tame for this place, even if it is an off-night.” Granted, the Evoker knew that the audience wasn’t going to be filled with smashed partygoers on the night of a drama rehearsal, but even most of the occupants were nursing a wilder drink than soda – he was pretty sure even his director was. The water he had ordered was placed on the counter between the two, eliciting a small, ‘thank you,’ from Elliot before the boy turned his attention back to the stranger. “Of course, no one else in here is alone, either. You’re hitting all of the unique points tonight.”

“Elliot, will you run over See I’m Smiling once more? We’ll wrap it up after that. Larisa just called and confirmed for tomorrow.”

The director’s presence startled the actor, but the dark-haired boy remained calm. Frowning, the Evoker shook his head before answering, declining the older man’s request. “Marshall, that’s not even my song. I’ve been performing every piece all night, even though half of them aren’t mine. Larisa will do just fine tomorrow – there’s no reason for me to sing another one of hers tonight.” The director, Marshall, paused for a moment, as if contemplating the choice. Elliot looked from him to the stranger, hoping that the director would call off rehearsal for the night and leave him to continue speaking with the taller man. Though it didn’t look like Elliot’s luck would grant him his wish, he decided he’d try his hand once again.

“And the point is, Jamie, that you can’t spend a single day that’s not about you, and you, and nothing but you, “mahvelous” novelist, you! Isn’t he wonderful, just twenty-eight, the savior of writing. You and you, and nothing but you, miles and piles of you – pushing through windows and bursting through walls, en route to the sky and I… I swear to God I’ll never understand how you can stand there, straight and tall, and see I’m crying, and not do anything at all.”

As he ended the last note, Marshall clapped once, twice, and then turned, making his way to what Elliot guessed was the exit of the club. The Evoker turned to the other male, a small blush on his cheeks. “Sorry for the random bursting out into song. I figured if I didn’t at least sing a few lines, Marshall wasn’t going to let me go.”
Elliot Abrams
Elliot Abrams
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Teague Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:38 pm

Brett didn’t really listen to what the singer had gotten; he kind of figured it’d be water or something along those lines. It was a very relaxed at the Mint that evening and the hunter was enjoying that he didn’t have to try too hard to get much information about the place. It was the typical hangout spot and he knew that this wouldn’t be the only night the arcanist would be here. If the magic user would be here tonight, he had a feeling that it wouldn’t be his or her last. Starting to get lost in his thoughts of possible scenarios, he almost missed the conversation that had apparently sparked between the singer and him. Turning to the side, he reached over and grabbed his Pepsi off of the bar and went back to his original position of leaning and smiled some, “Not much of a social drinker.” Eyes and attention went over to the singer and nodded some with his comment – if the boy only knew the truth. “I tend to get that more than you think – stops getting unique after a while.” His words were very light with no sign of malice behind them. It was nice to engage in a conversation once in a while.

As the director came over, Brett looked over at him and was honestly wondering why he was asking the singer, Elliot, to do another song? Now, Teague wasn’t into this whole theater thing – but he was pretty certain that people get breaks. The singer was on a break, and it was time for Mr. Marshall to back off. Watching the two have their little disagreement, he couldn’t help but be reminded of a father/son relationship (a very weird relationship). When something was thrown at Brett, that’s what he did – he sucked it up and did what he had to do; exactly what Elliot did. Even though he did feel more than a little awkward standing next to someone who was singing… quite well in fact, he opted for whether he should move or not. His choice was made for him when, in all the deliberation, the little snippet was over. Taking a sip of his Pepsi, he clapped with glass in hand and nodded some. “If it makes you feel better, no one has ever broken out into song in front of me before – so uniqueness comes in all shapes and forms.” A small laugh left his lips as he shook his head. That was definitely an experience to say the least.

“Marshall seems a little uptight if you ask me.” Coming from a person who was uptight himself, that was saying a lot. Eyes went back into the audience and watched as people remained in their seats to finish their drinks and conversations. “Plus, interrupting a conversation is kind of a douche bag move.” Director or not, Brett didn’t like being interrupted – it was a quirk of his. With all the awful things he was taught and enjoyed doing, you could say that he was the most nonchalant out of most of the hunters. Of course, he really shouldn’t be in a position where he could be interrupted. “So tell me Elliot, a lot of these people are regulars to come and watch you?” Then again… he could use this to his advantage. He used the singer’s name as if they’ve known each other more than just a couple of minutes and used his words wisely. Sometimes he wondered how the hell he picked some of these things up, but everything worked out for the best.
Brett Teague
Brett Teague
Leopold
Leopold

Back to top Go down

Post  Elliot Abrams Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:27 pm

“You get used to the random singing if you stick around me. At least Marshall asking gives me an excuse – most nights, I’m not that lucky and just revel in my weirdness.” A gentle laugh followed his statement, to indicate that he was joking. Offhandedly, he brushed off Brett’s claim about his director. Elliot knew that the man certainly was a little uptight, but he didn’t mind it so much. If he did, he wouldn’t have stuck with the musical – it being his favorite or not. Regardless, he smiled at the small token of praise received, a light blush flushing his cheeks. Sliding onto a stool sat at the bar, he stretched his arms behind his head, studying the stranger in front of him. As he was questioned, he tilted his head. It dawned on him that he hadn’t caught the man’s name yet, even though it seemed that the stranger had his.

“This place is still pretty new to me. I only came tonight for rehearsal. Marshall isn’t always so uptight; he’s just worried that tomorrow won’t go through. Since it’s a two-man show, he just wants to make sure that everything will go smoothly.” Taking a sip from his water, the Evoker set the drink back on the countertop and placed his hands in his lap. “And to who do I owe the gratitude for the water? I must have missed your name.” He smiled, pearly-whites flashing as he extended his hand out for the other to shake. The customary gesture always seemed a bit silly to the boy, though he had always been told it was necessary. His father had, on more than one occasion, insisted that handshaking was a polite greeting for two individuals.

“Do you live here or are you just visiting Seattle? I figure you might have been here once or twice if you lived here.”
Elliot Abrams
Elliot Abrams
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: