Alchemy SL: Eternal Legacies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Only Part To Meet Again

2 posters

Go down

We Only Part To Meet Again Empty We Only Part To Meet Again

Post  Alexis Lively Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:00 am

Who: Alexis and Savannah Lively
Where: Their home - The top two floors of a famous and expensive hotel in New York City.
When: The day before Alexis leaves for college. (approx 2003)

Summary: Alexis and Savannah are spending some time together before Alexis leaves New York to head to California to pursue her path to becoming a psychologist at Stanford, in Palo Alto California.

"I wish I wasn't leaving." Said quietly under her breath. If anything meant something to Alexis, it was her family. She was always very carefree and unattached, but when it came to her mother, father, brother, and sister, Alexis was passionately attached to each of them. Especially her little sister. Though sometimes Alexis may have given her a hard time, she had always loved her little sister more than the rest of them. Now that she was going to be all the way across the country, in a way she felt like she was abandoning Savannah, and the thought was killing her inside. The two girls were in Alexis' room while she finished packing the last few things she needed to take with her on her way to California the next day. Her room remained pretty in tact - the bed, desk, most of the decorations were all there. Very modern - pale lavenders, steel blues, and greys. All the furniture was flat black and very angular. An entire wall was purely windows, giving a gorgeous view of New York City. She shoved a hoodie into a small carry-on and walked wistfully towards the window. "This view... I don't think anything in Palo Alto can compare."

Indeed, the view was more beautiful than you could imagine. All of the children had their own bathroom and bedroom on the very top floor of the hotel. Each had an entire wall of windows with a similar view. The rooms were large and luxurious and all on their own. To get to their rooms they had a an elevator, their own private keys, which led into a beautiful foyer, which opened up into their own living room, and a small dining room and kitchen. Their parents had a similar set up, but more of a house lay-out. A bigger kitchen, a sitting room, a living room, a large dining room for entertaining guests and having family dinners, walls and walls and walls of windows and beautiful views, and a master bedroom that was beyond amazing. While most of her family enjoyed the expensive high end and very detailed decoration, Alexis’ minimalist modern décor was perfect for her personality and fit her room quite nicely, even if it didn’t really fit the house much.

Alexis had lost her train of thought while she stared out the window. Eventually she turned back around to face her sister, wiping a few tears away from her eyes. “You know I’m going to miss you most of all. You don’t absolutely hate me, do you?” She asked, walking over to Savannah now to envelop the younger girl in a large bear hug.
Alexis Lively
Alexis Lively
Head Arcanist
Head Arcanist

Domain : Divination
We Only Part To Meet Again Divination3

Back to top Go down

We Only Part To Meet Again Empty Re: We Only Part To Meet Again

Post  Savannah Lively Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:25 pm

For a while, Savannah was silent as her sister spoke and moved about the room. As she laid back on Alexis's bed, gaze all but cemented to the ceiling, Savvy didn't even look at her older sister. Was that out of resentment and anger? No, not at all; really, she just didn't want to look at her sister packing her things. She still wasn't quite processing the fact that soon, Alexis would be far, far away and she knew that looking at all of those suitcases would put it into harsh prospective. She didn't know if she was ready for that just yet. The look on her face reflected what she was feeling, as always: those normally bright eyes seemed dimmer, almost, and a smile was absent from her face. She spoke up finally to fill the silence. "I wish you weren't, either," she sighed. Hearing herself--how sad she sounded--actually made her feel bad. It was easy to tell that neither of them was feeling great about the situation, and her pulling down the mood even more certainly wasn't helping. She sat up then, following Alexis's gaze to the window-wall. She summoned up a smile. "Yeah, it's a good one." There was a little more cheer in her voice. "But I'm sure Palo Alto's got some pretty sights for ya, too."

Their home, beautiful as it was, just wouldn't be the same without Alexis. Savvy was having a difficult time imagining the place without her for four years (sure there were holidays and whatnot, of course, but she had a feeling that they'd fly by). Four years without Alexis around, probably one without Nine coming up sometime in the future... situations like this one made her hate being the youngest one. If she'd learned one thing growing up, though, it was that things wouldn't always be easy; challenges were made for embracing.

When she saw those tears in her older sister's eyes, Savvy bit on the inside of her lower lip. Oh, seeing people cry was so hard! Emotional as she was, however, it was pretty rare when she cried, especially in front of other people. This was a careful combination of choice and just a weird inability--mostly the latter. It was a little irritating, really, because she wanted to cry; it would have been a nice release. Still, tears or no tears, it wasn't hard to see the sadness in her eyes. She stood up and returned the hug tightly, burying her face into her sister's shoulder and just clinging there for a few moments. "Lexi, I could never hate you for anything," she mumbled. She pulled back a little while later to look Alexis in the eye. It was almost like looking into a mirror. "This is what's best for you. Besides, you'll love it." She flashed a smile that she hoped was reassuring. "And it's not like you'll never be back, right? I hope you're not going to go all the way over there and forget about us." Her voice took on a teasing note then. It was a serious moment, yes, but an ease in the tension might do them some good!

Savannah Lively
Savannah Lively
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis Lively Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:44 am

It never ceased to amaze Alexis just how grown-up and wise her little sister was. After the kind and comforting words, Alexis smiled at her sister proudly and pulled her into another tight hug, but soon let go (so as not to break the frail little thing!) and wiped her own tears away. "You're absolutely right. I have a good feeling about it to. I think something nice is going to happen while I'm there. You know, other than getting a great education." Lexi was big on education. If either of her siblings were to ever drop out of school, she'd probably disown them. No, she wouldn't. But she'd be very, VERY disappointed. Moving listlessly about her now rather generic room, she finally came to rest on one of the large overstuffed black chairs sitting near the window. Draping herself across it so her back was on an arm of the chair and her legs were draped over the other arm, she cocked her head and those bright blues regarded her red-haired little sister.

"You know, you're getting really pretty." Her sister was growing up, after all. Entering (just having entered?) high school was making Savvy more an adult than a child now, and Lexis got a bit of a devious grin on her face. "Any boys giving you trouble yet?" True, this topic hadn't come up too often previously. Savannah was smart, and had undoubtedly been through a sex ed class because although traditional, their parents weren't THAT overbearingly strict and sheltering. "And if they are, don't tell Nine. I have a feeling he will be uh... Not nice about it." This small, somewhat silly conversation felt really important to talk about at the moment - Lexis couldn't be sure why. Perhaps it was because it was the last time they'd get to talk like this, in person, for a while. Holidays and breaks would be good times to catch up, but they would be few and far between.

"And you better promise to e-mail me and text me and call me ALL the time, okay? And I promise to do the same!"

If there was one thing Alexis cared about most in the world, it was making sure her siblings new that she loved them.
Alexis Lively
Alexis Lively
Head Arcanist
Head Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: