Alchemy SL: Eternal Legacies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A mix between Vodka and Car Bombs

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A mix between Vodka and Car Bombs Empty A mix between Vodka and Car Bombs

Post  Reese Morgan Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Characters: Reese Morgan and Merlot Di'Avorissio
When: A day after the Arcane Protectors arrive at Seattle
Where: Mint Club and Bar, Seattle, WA

Summary: Ever wonder what would happen if Vodka and Car Bombs were to mix? Believe me, it's not a pleasant taste...that's how Reese sees things, especially how things are with the Shadowkind and all the troubles they bring. However, a meeting with a fellow Arcane Protector lightens things up a bit.

- X -
Mint Club and Bar
Seattle, WA

Reese was just having one of those nights that she needed a stiff drink and being able to check out all the available eye candy. Then again, she hadn't heard from Ethan since he left her a couple days ago. Sighing, she downed the rest of the drink that she ordered before getting a refill. Boy, was her life up in the rocks.

Last edited by Reese Morgan on Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Domain : Arcane Protector
A mix between Vodka and Car Bombs Protector

http://greekart88.insanejournal.com

Back to top Go down

A mix between Vodka and Car Bombs Empty Re: A mix between Vodka and Car Bombs

Post  Merlot Di'Avorissio Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:42 am

Seems like everyone had their lives on the rocks at the moment, didn't it? Merlot was dealing with more then she ever spoke of, never speaking of it whatsoever. Nope, The only source of any outlit had been with the shadowkind and sending their asses back to where ever they came from. It was better then drinking, but hey! Everyone needed a drink or .. four at some point. The dark haired protector came up to that bar, sending her purse into the stool besides her as she ignored the eye candy. Merlot didn't need to look at them, didn't need to be reminded. The Romanian had a simple order: Shot of vodka, along with the damn bottle and a small handful of cherries. She twiddled with the necklace she wore around her neck as she waited. Merlot would wait a lifetime, just as long as she didn't have to out reach for any thing to throw at anyone, throwing sharp objects -- that was.

Her eyes redirected themselves to the other woman, the one who seemed to be waiting for her drink as well. "Oh, no. I know that sighing pattern when it comes to drinking, please do not tell me because of some man." The one thing that Merlot shouldn't have really even talked about. Men issues, more like boy babysitting! Who knew.
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Morgan Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:39 am

Reese turned her head when someone asked about her sigh. She found a woman sitting next to her, her blue eyes shone against the strobing lights. She grasped the empty glass in her hands, a celtic knit ring clanked against the glass.

"Isn't it obvious? I just met this guy a few days ago...it felt perfect to me. Then, he says that he's going away and he doesn't know when he'll be back from his duties as a soldier. (Sighs) call me a hopeless romantic, but I feel so lost right now," Reese replied as the bartender gave her a refill besides Merlot her drink order. "What about you?"
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlot Di'Avorissio Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:51 pm

"One shouldn't drink alone, simple as that. " That was her answer when it came to the ball drifting into her corner. Nope, Merlot didn't talk about herself to others, even those who seemed sweet like the woman did. She raised up her glass though once it was brought as she turned towards the other, "Shall we drink to men who can't seem to stay in place for at least a few months at a time. For the vanishing souls that worm their way into our lives and leave us completely cold and utterly miserable. Or hell, just to us women drinking." Yes, Merlot had a funny way. Leave her be! She wouldn't wait for the other to say her opinion though, Merlot had her say as she downed that vodka just like Reece had done with her previous drink.

Oh, this woman was the poster child for drinking alone, it just made her a bit sad when others did what she did on a weekly basis. Merlot always found a quiet place to drink while she wrote, listened to her music or went through her epic mood swings. Going back to the conversation, "So instead of going out with friends and dancing the night away, or doing something completely out of the ordinary, you come here and drink because of soldier going back into duty. That's not that healthy, especially for a romantic at heart. Then again, I always pictured hopeless romantics doing what they spoke of in the poetry of the late 1700's, going home and hanging themselves. Glad to know that whole movement has completely been wiped from existence. Then again, there are more scary things out there then just human emotions and the bogiemen in the closets." Taking a cherry, she bit into it before offering the woman one. Oh yes, Merlot was a wise ass.

Swallowing, "By the way, I'm Merlot. I was always told to introduce yourself to whomever you were speaking to, even if it turns out to be for a few moments."
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Morgan Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Reese smiled at the woman's sense of humor, even if it almost seem dampening on Reese's current situation. She smiled as the woman offered a cherry to Reese, who took it with a nod of her head as she bit into it before setting the stem down for later. "Reese. So...by the way you're making it seem, I'd say that you'd had a few of this situation in your life...or maybe it's the lack of companionship that makes you observe the way you have. And, you're right--so glad that the whole 'suicide by hanging' movement of the 18th century has been wiped clean," Reese laughed before she took a swig of her drink. "Judging from your choice of poison, I'd put you as Russian...but, I could be wrong by judging your nationality just by a simple drink. But, it's a force of habit with me--guessing people's nationality by their choice of drink, sometimes."

Reese, unbeknown to the woman, was carefully treading on thin ice as her stiletto knife was still in the boot sheath as it was an hour ago. Then again, being part Irish, Reese was not as mellow drunk as she appeared it to be. She was only at Mint because of a meeting she was supposedly to have with Taylor; but that fell down the drain after hearing that Taylor wasn't around. So Reese figured that since she was already at the club, she'd have a drink to think over what was running in her mind the past few days.
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlot Di'Avorissio Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Few situations of your own like this, complications: lack of companionship. Merlot was laughing inside! Inside, not on the outside. No, the woman stayed over that bowl of cherries like they were diamonds and she had become envious of anyone else looking towards them. The look on her face darkened a tad though as she shrugged, "Perhaps, let's say I had some of the same issues as you are having this moment in time. Or maybe I'm just cold as ice when it comes to men and I turn out to be full-blown lesbian, you wouldn't know. I do know some things about the heart; when it's struggling through somewhere dark, it's going to end up in a tunnel full of light by the end of the journey. Don't let it weaken you and smile through it whenever you think it's too late to turn back. Or just stab the man to death and call it a night." The woman dawned that smile again towards her laughter as she listened to her try to guess her nationality. Merlot only shrugged softly before she shook her head, "Romanian. I only drink vodka because it does go well with the after taste of cherries and it was my Fathers choice of poison before he passed away."

Her eyes moved slightly though as she eyed the other bottles of choices, ignoring the scotch all together. Oh, she'd be in the same boat as Reese if she paid attention to it. In her mind, it had become the personification of the snake that tempted Adam and Eve into falling from Grace. Her mind swept clearly across to another idea in her head; a thought about how quiet it had become since she came back from her most recent trip out of the country. "And what about you, I'm not even going to try to guess your nationality because I have no luck in guessing anything," Which was true, only throwing sharp things into people, running around people with knowledge and continuing to act like an Ice Queen. Those were her lucky stars, not something like guessing things about a person due to what they drank. Hell, if she had ordered a German beer, would Reese had thought she was of German decent? Who knew.
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Morgan Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:32 am

"Italian and Irish...and a bit of Chinese from my Dad's side. Although, it's yet been proved that he is Chinese..." Reese replied as something caught her attention.

Standing not far from behind Merlot was a succubus. Oh, did Reese hate those the most. Give her an incubus over a succubus and she was an ok gal--but this was just adding onto the pile of shit of things she had in her mind. Oh, this was going to be one hell of a night for Reese...and on that note did Reese down the rest of her drink in one gulp.

"Bartender, get me a Rum and Coke, please," Reese said as she held up her empty glass to the bartender behind the bar.
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlot Di'Avorissio Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:06 am

"Huh, wouldn't have guessed the Chinese bit," Merlot spoke as she devoured another cherry. Though, she picked up on the fact that something caught Reese's eye, maybe another guy? By the look on her face, Merlot could tell it wasn't that. Craning her head around, she noticed what got Reese riled up. Pursing her lips, she just shook her head. Wait a minute, if Reese could point those out -- She was the same as her? Merlot picked up the vodka to down it -- That was how she devoured all her drinks, as she eyed the Irish-German-Chinese decent woman. Well, this was turning interesting, wasn't it?

"You know, they blamed those things for nightmares in the early start of medical practices. They still call them Nightmares every once in a while - Sleeping paralysis is also blamed on them as well," Merlot mused as she held up her drink as well towards the bartender.
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Morgan Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:42 am

Catching what Merlot was saying, her eyes nearly bugged out for a split second before the moment was gone. Thanking the bartender for both women's refills, Reese looked around the two of then before she lowered her voice, almost as if it was a faint whisper over the loudness of the club.

"And how would you know of the history of a succubus? Not too many folks know of that unless they know firsthand or by reading in depth of their kind..." Reese said as she took a gulp of her drink. "Which, if I'm not mistaken, you've seen one before, haven't you?"
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlot Di'Avorissio Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:38 pm

Reese asked that question and Merlot only blinked. What the hell, Merlot decided to drop her defenses for the moment being -- Reese seemed harmless enough, at least towards her. It was her gut that told her that, though it seemed like it was being harmless as a cobra hiding in the grass. Clearing her throat, Merlot removed the coat that she still wore, laying it over the stool that still hid her purse from sight of the busy bar.

She pulled down on shoulder of her shirt as she turned sideways, making sure that the one tattoo that branded all Arcane Protectors showed in that low light as she kept her eyes on the woman. It wasn't more than two seconds later that Merlot shrugged her sleeve back in place, turning towards Reese. "I assume that you either have the same tattoo somewhere or that you are one of the many who dabble in things that we tend to know like the back of our hands. And to answer your question, I ran into a few of them while I was in Moscow the last few weeks." She didn't take her eyes off the female as she reached for the vodka, chasing it back with a toss of a cherry in her mouth. Thank god they were able to drink on their duty. If not, Merlot would've gone running into a nest of nasty creatures just to be torn apart. Merlot had reasons to drink, even had them when it came to wanting to drink alone.
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Morgan Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:02 am

So Reese was proven right again--she really needed to lay off guessing that led to her being right in the end. Nodding her head at Merlot's question of the tattoo, she lifted her hair and on the nape of her neck was the Arcane Protector tattoo.

"Last time I dealt with a succubus, it was a couple years back just as I was getting settled into college in New Orleans," Reese said as she grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels from the other side of the bar, which the bartender looked at her with a stern look before Reese flashed a twenty to him.

Taking a swig of the bottle before hissing back the bite of the alcohol, Reese looked over at Merlot...only to find the succubus getting closer to the two women. Her hand absentmindedly reached for the stiletto in her boot.

"I hope you came prepared for anything, Merlot..." Reese said as she looked back at the woman.
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlot Di'Avorissio Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:29 am

Haha! Merlot smirked towards the tattoo that Reese had shown her as she just murmured,"At least, we're in the same type of company."

Merlot never went anyway without something on her. It was a trait that she grew accustomed to as she glanced over her shoulder at the succubus. Great! She reached for another cherry as she chewed on it slowly, reaching down into her purse as she had her fingers on the three small throwing daggers that she carried everywhere with her. Yes, it was a major bitch going through security if she forgot to take them out and stash them somewhere else. Well, hell. At least Merlot ran into another protector like herself, that was something to count on as she swallowed that cherry aftertaste before she pulled out those daggers, keeping them low and out of the sight of the others around them.

Her eyes floated towards Reese as she flashed a smile, "I never go anywhere without something." That's what she was taught at least. These things could pop up anytime, anywhere -- Everyone who knew they existed needed to carry something on them at all times. Hell, Merlot even slept with some similar daggers underneath her pillow.
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Morgan Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:11 pm

Pulling the stiletto out of her boot, she laid it flat against her palm. She took another swig of the alcohol straight up as she narrowed her eyes slightly and calculated how much time before the succubus was right behind Merlot.

"Always good to know that some of the training we both learned never has gone out of practice," Reese smiled after getting her calculations done in her head. "The question is...just who will be the one that pulls it off."

Before Reese could speak again, the succubus was standing in between Reese and Merlot.

"Good evening, ladies. Fine night for drinking and pleasurable company, isn't it?" the succubus said, her voice like velvet if Reese and Merlot were of the opposite gender.

However, Reese knew better than to fall for the tactic the succubi were known for...however, this particular one seemed to go for the same sex--another thing Reese needed on her plate.
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlot Di'Avorissio Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:05 am

Merlot couldn't help but giggle at that comment made by Reese. Those lessons, the duties of their lives never could leave Merlot's head. They were buried too deep, too rooted to even begin to think about being replaced by something else. Her eyes went towards the Shadowkind between them, itching to get to it first as she gripped the cold handle of the dagger hidden underneath the shadows of the counter. She eyed Reese cautiously as she canted her head.

She was confused, a succubus that preyed on women? This was different but this was something that she, too, didn't need on her plate. She had enough on it already as she turned her hips towards the Nightmare, that original name for it. She made a notice towards Reese. Why not have Merlot distract the thing while Reese went in for that kill. The thrill of it all. Besides, Reese had a long night to begin with. She wasn't falling for the voice, it was lame and they should've upped their game and change their tactic. It was getting old.

"Let me guess. You're looking for someone to take home and since most of the men inside this bar seem to be occupied either by other females or those of your .. certain upbringing, you see if you can get a female into your bed. To suck that life force directly from them while riding them like a damn pony. The only question I have is if you don't have a penis, how the hell would you ride them like a pony without some plastic involved." Merlot never said she was nice, at least she was doing something to cause the thing to step towards her, and damn that smell!
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Morgan Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Reese spied a look over to her fellow Protector and saw that Merlot wanted to distract the Shadowkind while Reese made the kill. Not a bad idea--she was going to go the opposite, but hey; this would be better. Reese was kinda glad that Merlot was giving the young Protector a chance to de-stress from all her problems thus far. The stiletto blade was out in a second, soundless to even the most advanced hearing of the Shadowkind.

The succubus turned to face Merlot with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, a funny one, aren't you?" the succubus asked as she smirked at Merlot.

Reese cracked a smile. She was SO loving Merlot's question about how this one would be able to have sex if there was something missing in the sex department.

"Suga...you'll be in so much pleasure that you'll forget that I'm missing a certain anatomy to satisfy your sexual desires," the succubus added as she ran a finger along Merlot's cheek.
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlot Di'Avorissio Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:09 pm

Well, hell. Merlot thought that she was a riot when it came to certain aspects in her life, one insulting another was counted. She just pursed her lips in thought when the thing ran that finger over her face, hiding the outright disgust that she felt. It felt like slugs over her face, leaving behind that disgusting slime behind in their wake as she flared her nose. It was that smell.

"I'm sure you could but too bad, Cupcake - I don't run that way. I thought you people were supposed to know that, isn't there a certain smell that comes off of people who do run that way and who don't. Hell, I thought there was." Sarcasm, not truth but at the moment, Merlot was having a little spark of fun while waiting for Reese to strike. she didn't like talking to these things, didn't really like talking to anything really -- Not even other people but whatever. Merlot took the things hand, swatting it away immediately as she kept that eye contact with the thing, Reese any time would be an excellent time. Merlot hated things touching her. At least she didn't fear it like she feared the dark, that was always a good thing, yes?
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Morgan Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Reese then made her move as she stabbed at the succubus in the lower back region.

"Then again, my friend here prefers men over women..." Reese whispered as she twisted the knife a little bit. "But, with me...your kind doesn't take too well with silver or brass objects...pity."

The succubus let out a soundless scream before Reese pulled the blade out.
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlot Di'Avorissio Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:27 am

Ha, not even. Merlot would've said something to counter what Reese spoke about but kept her mouth shut. She only smirked when the succubus went down as she leaned her ear closer to attempt to hear some sound from it but nothing. Her eyes went towards Reese as she dawned a smile towards the woman. She held her hand in the air as she got the bartenders attention, "Another drink for her and for myself, please." Reese deserved a drink after that as she just looked at the woman, wanting to giggle, wanting to graduate her on the dismissal of the demon leech nightmarish thing. "Men might be pigs, issues with them and what not but nothing feels as good as taking down something that does not belong in this world or the next. "
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Morgan Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:40 am

Reese just rolled her eyes as she went back to sulking. God, what was it with her and her sulking over a guy? Was Ethan worth the sulking? Was Ethan worth being all moody and wanting something--oh, there she went. After all this time, she finally admitted to herself that she, Reese Morgan: Arcane Protector and Part Time Writer/Researcher, was in love! Oh, she was going to need one HELL of a drink in order to get herself out of this gutter of a train of thought.

Glad to hear Merlot ordering a round for herself and for Reese, the young Protector nodded her head as she slid the stiletto back into her boot sheath.

"God, it's hopeless...I've gone back to sulking over a soldier who might not make it back alive from war..." Reese moaned as she placed her head on the bar.
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlot Di'Avorissio Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:20 am

Merlot blinked at Reese's comment. So, that was it! The woman was in love. Well .. that was cozy. She placed the shot in front of Reese's head while she laid it on the bar there as Merlot shrugged softly. "At least you know where the man you love is, Reese. Least you're not chasing a damn ghost around, hoping that it'll lead you to the actual man." Shit, Merlot was sharing something with Reese that she didn't even tell her own mother. No, instead Merlot pushed her mother out of her life, shutting everyone out completely but here she was, saying words to Reese that she locked under lock and key. Oh, this was bad.

With that, Merlot downed that vodka as she squeezed her eyes shut. Vodka was good, she couldn't wait til it tasted like water though. That was her moment of clarity to stop drinking. It hadn't come to that; another six shots and then, maybe.
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Morgan Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:10 am

Reese's hand automatically went for the shotglass and she downed the drink in a blink of an eye, not even wincing from the bitter taste. She raised her glass for another shot of Vodka, catching everything Merlot was telling her, but not making any movement to lift her head to acknowledge that she heard it. She knew when people wanted to keep things from others...this was something she was most good at sometimes.
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlot Di'Avorissio Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:15 am

Merlot frowned slightly towards Reese as she took the shot at the same time as the woman did. "Okay, enough. I know that I just met you tonight a found a fellow A.P. which was what she called Arcane Protectors for short, but all this moping around isn't going to speed time up. Might be the easiest thing to do but it's the deepest hole to climb out of, Reese. Keep your head up, smile at put this fear of this special soldier in the back of your mind for now. Think of it this way, the time gives you the thinking time of if it's, in fact, love or lust. Also, distance makes the heart grow fonder." She, of all people, was giving advice of the heart when she refused it herself -- Didn't use to be that way though. No, Merlot used to be love-sick, now she was just scorned to the mentioned of matters that concerned the heart, even the love of her remaining family. Merlot had become distant to the emotion but that didn't mean that she liked to see anyone going through rough spots and second thoughts.

Everyone deserved to be in love, no matter the circumstances. Merlot had already put down her shield, what about another one? "Tell me about this soldier, why does he make you go crazy. Better yet; how did you two meet?" The meeting of love was the important factor - The structure that everything else grew and branched out from.
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Morgan Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Reese lifted her head as she listened to Merlot speak. Reese could tell, from the undertone of it all, that Merlot used to be in the same scenario that found the Researcher A.P. at this point.

"He's just got this aura of security whenever I'm around him--in a good way, I guess. He's funny and a killer smile that makes me go weak in the knees--yeah, you can laugh at me; a typical hopeless romantic at heart. And I can't help it at all, Merlot. How we met--funny you should ask. I tripped and hurt myself...and he helped me out. We met at the cafe near the water on the South side of Seattle. Trust me; if you were to meet him now, you can understand why I'm head over heels for him," Reese said, looking to the drinks behind the bar as she spoke with a soft smile on her face.
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlot Di'Avorissio Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Merlot smiled towards Reese while she spoke about this man of hers. The love-sick girl was adorable! She raised her hand for two more shots, filling the need to get drunk come on harder at the moment as she heart Reese's heart pour onto the bar. That was sweet though.

"I'm sure that I'd give him approval if I ever got the chance to meet him. But hey, just wait until he comes back. You'll probably run and knock him over to the ground, probably do a little too much PDA." Undertone my ass. Merlot didn't believe in that shit anymore -- Heart couldn't take it, mind had become too numb to it and her soul? Pft, who said that Merlot even had a soul to begin with.
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Merlot Di'Avorissio
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Morgan Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Reese felt like talking more about Ethan, how he really gets her hormones riled up...but that would be going WAY too much info on the guy itself. So she gladly took the shot once it was brought over and downed it in a heartbeat. Her mind felt a little bit more clearer and lighter than before...maybe she should stop drinking and start to sober up.

"And what of you? You ever found yourself pouring your heart out because of a guy?"
Reese Morgan
Reese Morgan
Arcane Protector
Arcane Protector

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down